TOBY Application Process
2020 TOBY Application Season
Applications for the local 2020 TOBY Award were due in September. Local winners will be announced at the TOBY/Gold Circle Awards Gala on January 30, 2020. Local winners will proceed to the regional competition. Regional winners will proceed to the international competition and those winners will be announced in June 2020.
2021 TOBY Application Season
The 2021 local TOBY season will launch in July 2020. Applications will be due in mid-September. Inspections will be held in October and November. Applicants will have at least two weeks notice to prepare for inspections.
Application Information: Guidelines, FAQ & Entry Requirements
Please read through the below documents if you are interested in applying for a 2021 local TOBY award. Please note that these documents will have updates and potentially new criteria for the 2021 application season.
- 2020 TOBY Application Process & Guidelines for instructions on applying, using the online portal and all important deadlines.
- TOBY FAQs and Best Practices featuring advice from seasoned TOBY judges and previous winners. This is a must read and full of excellent advice!
- The 2020 TOBY Entry Requirements for the category in which you will apply. Within these entry requirements, you will find all application information including word count, written sections, attachments and the required criteria that your building must meet. This year, the Entry Requirements are split up into separate documents.
- 2020 Entry Requirements for All Office (Includes: Square Feet Categories, Historical Building, Corporate Facility, Medical Office & Suburban)
- 2020 Earth Entry Requirements
- 2020 Renovated Entry Requirements
- 2020 Mixed Used & Public Assembly Entry Requirements
- 2020 Retail Entry Requirements
- 2020 Industrial Entry Requirements
TOBY Inspection Sheets & Verification Forms
Please read through the following inspection documents if you are interested in applying for a 2021 local TOBY award. Please note that these documents will have updates and potentially new criteria for the 2021 application season.
- 2020 All Office Inspection Form
- 2020 Earth Building Inspection Form
- 2020 Mixed Use Building Inspection Form
- 2020 Public Assembly Building Inspection Form
- 2020 Retail Building Inspection Form
- 2020 Industrial Building Inspection Form
Another form, besides the inspection and judging forms, will also be used this year – the TOBY Inspection Verification Form (listed below). Please review all of these forms before your inspection. You will only need to submit the Inspection Verification Form if you proceed to the regional/international competition. If you proceed to these levels, BOMA/Chicago will provide you with a signed Inspection Verification Form to attach to your regional/international application.
If you have any TOBY questions, please contact Jaclynne Madden, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 870-9608.