Gold Circle Awards
The BOMA/Chicago Gold Circle Awards honor individual excellence within Chicago's commercial real estate community in six categories. Award nominations must be submitted online to BOMA/Chicago by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 28.
Before completing, please review the Gold Circle guidelines to understand nomination requirements.
Click here to download the 2023 Gold Circle Award Overview.
The links are listed below for individual online nomination forms. Note: complete all responses, there is no "save" option.
We recommend using the nomination form provided in MS Word format first and copying and pasting the answers into the online form. Download here:
September 12 - October 28
Gold Circle Award online nomination period
November 1 - 11
Written nomination submission forms reviewed by judges and three finalists selected within each award category
November 28 - December 9
All nominees will be informed of panel outcomes and interviews will be conducted with all award finalists
Gold Circle winners decided
Awards are presented at TOBY Gold Circle Awards Gala
To participate in the BOMA/Chicago Gold Circle Awards, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- All nominees must complete and submit all nomination materials as indicated on the nomination forms.
Individual applicants must be nominated. Self-nominating entries will not be accepted.
- All nominees must be employed in a BOMA/Chicago member building or affiliate company.
- All candidates must have at least five years of experience in commercial real estate.
- Except for nominees for the Emerging Leader of the Year which are limited to building members with five years or less of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- One nomination per category will be allowed from each Commercial Real Estate Company for Property Management, Building Engineer, Security Professional and Emerging Leader.
- Commercial Real Estate Companies may each submit one nomination from each of their Affiliate Member contractor companies for the Janitorial Professional of the Year Award.
- BOMA/Chicago Building and Affiliate Members may each submit one nomination for the Affiliate of the Year Award.
- Nominee finalists will be required to participate in a 30-minute in-person interview with select members of the Gold Circle Panel.
- Nominees are not eligible to serve on the Gold Circle Panel.
- Winners will not be eligible to resubmit for a minimum of two years following their recognition. (I.e. 2022 winner could reapply for the 2026 awards.)
Gold Circle Panel
The award selection committee, referred to as the “Gold Circle Panel,” is comprised of one representative each from twenty management companies that have the most BOMA/Chicago members and one BOMA/Chicago Board member.
The panel will:
- Evaluate each nomination submission
- Determine finalists
- Interview finalists
- Select award winners
The Gold Circle Panel will review online nominations and judge each category based on the predetermined criteria (can be found in FAQs). Panelists for each category will be selected to avoid conflicts of interest because of company or building affiliations. The scores will be tallied by BOMA/Chicago staff and the top three finalists in each category will be determined.
Interviews and Winner Selection
BOMA/Chicago will notify all finalists and arrange an in-person interview with at least three members of the Gold Circle Panel. Panelists for each category will be selected to avoid conflicts of interest because of company or building affiliations. After all interviews have been completed, the scores will be tallied by BOMA/Chicago staff and the winners in each category will be determined.
Gold Circle FAQs
For additional information, contact Caitlin Wright, BOMA/Chicago's Marketing and Events Manager at email@example.com.