Gold Circle Nomination Process
Nomination submissions were closed October 26, 2018. Nominations must be submitted online.
Access the 2018 Gold Circle Awards packet in Microsoft Word format containing all nomination forms, including questions and required documents. For your convenience, it is suggested you complete the nomination form in the Microsoft Word packet and once completed, copy and paste your responses into the online form.
Click the links below for individual online nomination forms. Note all responses must be completed before submitting before the form may be submitted (there is no "save" option):
- Property Management Professional of the Year
- Security Professional of the Year
- Building Engineer of the Year
- Emerging Leader of the Year
- Affiliate Member of the Year
See additional award guidelines below.
The Award Selection Committee
The award selection committee, referred to as the “Gold Circle Panel,” is comprised of one representative each from fifteen to twenty management companies that have the most BOMA/Chicago members, and includes one BOMA/Chicago Board member. The panel will evaluate each nomination submission to determine the top finalists in each category, interview finalists and select award winners for each category.
Predetermined Award Criteria
All nominees and finalists are judged based on predetermined, weighted criteria as indicated on the nomination form and detailed in the Gold Circle Awards FAQs.
The Gold Circle Panel will review nominations and judge each category based on the predetermined criteria. Panelists for each category will be selected to avoid conflicts of interest because of company or building affiliations. The scores
will be tallied by BOMA/Chicago staff and the top three finalists in each category will be determined.
Interviews and Selection
BOMA/Chicago will notify all finalists and arrange an in-person interview with at least three members of the Gold Circle Panel. Panelists for each category will be selected to avoid conflicts of interest because of company or building affiliations. After all interviews have been completed, the scores will be tallied by BOMA/Chicago staff and the winners in each category will be determined.
September 17 - October 26
Gold Circle Award online nomination period
October 29 - November 9
Written nomination submission forms reviewed by judges and three finalists selected within each award category
November 12 - November 30
All nominees will be informed of panel outcomes and interviews will be coordinated with all award finalists
December 3 - December 14
In-person interviews will be conducted and Gold Circle winners decided
January 31, 2019
Awards are presented at TOBY Gold Circle Awards Gala
To participate in the BOMA/Chicago Gold Circle Awards, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Individual applicants must be nominated. Self-nominating entries will not be accepted.
- All nominees must be employed in a BOMA/Chicago member building or affiliate company.
- All candidates must have at least five years of experience in commercial real estate (with the exception of the Emerging Leader Professional of the Year which requires three years of experience).
- Nominees for the Emerging Leader of the Year are limited to building members with three (3) to seven (7) years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- All nominees must complete and submit all nomination materials as indicated on the nomination forms.
- One nomination per category will be allowed from each Commercial Real Estate Company for Property Management, Building Engineer, Security Professional and Emerging Leader.
- BOMA/Chicago Building and Affiliate Members may submit nominations for the Affiliate of the Year Award.
- Nominee finalists will be required to participate in an in-person interview with select members of the Gold Circle Panel (Note: please allow 30 minutes to complete the interview).
- Nominees are not eligible to serve on the Gold Circle Panel.
- Winners will not be eligible to resubmit for a minimum of two years following their recognition; for example, a 2019 winner could reapply for the 2022 awards. Winners are announced at the TOBY/Gold Circle Awards Gala usually held in January of each year.
Click here to see a list of previous Gold Circle Award winners.