Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship Information
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation's Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship (Ollie Scholarship) is designed to enable individuals currently working in the commercial real estate industry who are members of historically underrepresented groups to achieve professional development through completion of the RPA designation.
The Ollie Scholarship is awarded once per year and includes the $10,000 full tuition for recipients to earn the RPA designation. Recipients are honored at the annual Diversity Celebration fundraiser and are also paired with an experienced CRE mentor to gain one-on-one assistance with career planning and development.
2024 Ollie Scholarship Application Season
Ollie Scholarship Applications due February 6: The BOMA/Chicago Foundation is accepting applications for the Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship. The Ollie Scholarship provides the $10,000 full tuition to underrepresented professionals in the commercial real estate industry to achieve the Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation.
Please review the eligibility criteria (listed below) for this scholarship. If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply! Click here to download the packet containing the application and reference forms (note: forms must be submitted online using links in the packet). All parts of the application are due on February 6, 2024.
Please Contact Us If You Will Apply: If you plan to apply for this scholarship, please email Jaclynne Madden or call (312) 870-9608 so that we can discuss the application process and requirements.
Recipient Benefits: Along with earning the $10K full RPA designation tuition, the recipient will also be able to enroll in RPA classes as early as March 2024. The recipient will also be honored at the 2024 Diversity Celebration and will give a speech.
Runner-Up Scholarship: The scholarship runner-up will be given the opportunity to use a Single Course Scholarship for one RPA class offered in 2024.
Ollie Testimonials: To read a biography of the scholarship's namesake, Reginald L. Ollie, along with testimonials from previous recipients, visit this webpage.
Ollie Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Belong to an underrepresented group. Underrepresented professionals are classified as: racial, ethnic, LGBTQIA+, and disabled.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Applicants must have 24 months of commercial real estate experience by March 2024. The experience must specifically be in a commercial real estate property management role (residential and retail experience does not count toward the 24 months). Please contact Jaclynne Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your eligibility.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- You do NOT have to be a BOMA/Chicago member.
- Have taken three or less RPA/FMA designation classes prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Completion of at least one year of college level courses at a college/university and earned a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or 3.5/5.
- Completion of the Scholarship Application form, with its requested attachments received by February 6, 2024.
- Attend an in-person interview, if selected, on February 21, 2024.
Ollie Testimonials and Blog Article
Previous Ollie Scholarship Recipients
2023: Eddie Correa, Zeller
2022: Daja Walker-Parker, JLL
2021: Jose Bahena, JLL
2020: Vivian Orozco, Sterling Bay; earned RPA in 2021
2019: Karen Le, CBRE; earned RPA in 2022
2018: Christina McInerney, Cushman & Wakefield; earned RPA in 2020
2017: Lily Leon; earned her RPA in 2019
2016: Ebony Andry; earned her RPA in 2018
2016: Dominique Garrett-Flowers
2015: Shenica Collins and Marissa Rosado
2014: Yordanos Ghdey and Angela Oh; earned their RPAs in 2016
2013: Kristine Sorenson; earned her RPA in 2014
2011: Marisol Olvera
2010: Dina Wagner and Rosalia Leal
2009: Carlos Chavez
2008: Jennifer Majerus; earned her RPA in 2013
2007: Angel Brown; earned her RPA in 2010
2006: Myrna Agosto