Full Designation Scholarship
2023 Season: Full Designation Scholarship Due October 26
Would you like to earn a Real Property Administrator (RPA) or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) designation that will propel your career and mold you into a commercial real estate leader? Do you want to earn this designation, valued at $10,000, at no cost?
Apply for the BOMA/Chicago Foundation's Full Designation Scholarship – a needs-based opportunity that provides the $10,000 full tuition for all eight classes leading to either the RPA or FMA designation.
The application for the 2023 Full Designation Scholarship is now available and we encourage you to apply today! Applications are due on October 26.
Click here to download the packet containing the application and reference forms (note: forms must be submitted online using links in the packet).
Runner-Up Scholarship! The scholarship runner-up will be given the opportunity to use a Single Course Scholarship for one RPA/FMA class offered in 2023.
Full Designation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Please review the below eligibility criteria for this needs-based scholarship. If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply!
- Current employer pays for zero or one classes per calendar year.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Applicants must have 24 months of commercial real estate experience by January 2023. The experience must specifically be in commercial real estate (residential and retail experience does not count toward the 24 months of experience).
- Have taken three or less RPA/FMA designation classes prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Completion of at least one year of college level courses at a college/university and earned a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or 3.5/5.
- Completion of the application, along with submission of all attachments and references, by October 26.
- Available to interview with the Scholarship Committee on the morning of November 9.
Previous Recipients & Testimonials
You can read testimonials from previous scholars here. The list of recipients since the Full Designation Scholarship program began is listed below.
2022: Maureen Mwangi
2021: Nicole Papazian, JLL
2020: Caroline Foulk, JLL
2019: Allie Borrego, JLL; earned RPA in 2021
2018: Zaena Rihani; earned RPA in 2020
2017: Kim Conolty, Ameritus
2016: Cydney Hargro
2015: Rachael Melone, Zeller Realty Group; earned RPA in 2016
2015: Caitlin Davy; earned RPA in 2017
2014: Joe Sherman, Chicago Symphony Orchestra; earned RPA and FMA in 2015
2013: Teresa Amaro, CBRE; earned RPA in 2014
2012: Kelly Davies, Landro Fox Cities Realty; earned RPA in 2013