Gold Circle Guidelines
To participate in the BOMA/Chicago Gold Circle Awards, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Individual applicants must be nominated. Self-nominating entries will not be accepted.
- All nominees must be employed in a BOMA/Chicago member building or affiliate company.
- All candidates must have at least five years of experience in commercial real estate (with the exception of the Emerging Leader Professional of the Year which requires three years of experience).
- Nominees for the Emerging Leader of the Year are limited to building members with three (3) to seven (7) years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- All nominees must complete and submit all nomination materials as indicated on the nomination forms.
- One nomination per category will be allowed from each Commercial Real Estate Company for Property Management, Building Engineer, Security Professional and Emerging Leader.
- One nomination per category will be allowed for each janitorial company with each Commercial Real Estate Company for the Janitorial Professional of the Year Award.
- BOMA/Chicago Building and Affiliate Members may each submit one nomination for the Affiliate of the Year Award.
- Nominee finalists will be required to participate in an in-person interview with select members of the Gold Circle Panel (Note: please allow 30-45 minutes to complete the interview).
- Nominees are not eligible to serve on the Gold Circle Panel.
- Winners will not be eligible to resubmit for a minimum of two years following their recognition; for example, a 2020 winner could reapply for the 2023 awards. Winners are announced at TOBY/Gold Circle Awards Gala usually held in January of each year.
View a list of previous Gold Circle Award winners.