Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship Information
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation's Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship (Ollie Scholarship) is designed to enable individuals currently working in the commercial real estate industry who are members of historically underrepresented groups to achieve professional development through completion of the RPA designation.
The Ollie Scholarship is awarded once per year and includes the $10,000 full tuition for recipients to earn the RPA designation. Recipients are honored at the annual Diversity Celebration fundraiser and are also paired with an experienced CRE mentor to gain one-on-one assistance with career planning and development.
The 2020 Ollie Scholarship application season is now closed. Applications for the 2021 scholarship will open in December 2020 and will be due in February 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Jaclynne Madden, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 870-9608.
Ollie Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Belong to an underrepresented group; underrepresented professionals are classified as: racial, ethnic, LGBTQ and disabled
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the commercial real estate industry
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have taken three or less RPA/FMA designation classes prior to applying for the scholarship
- Completion of at least one year of college level courses at a college/university and earned a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or 3.5/5
- Completion of the application, along with submission of all attachments and references, by February 7
- Available to interview with the Scholarship Committee on the morning of February 20
Previous Ollie Scholarship Recipients
2019: Karen Le
2018: Christina Perez
2017: Lily Leon; earned her RPA in 2019
2016: Ebony Andry; earned her RPA in 2018
2016: Dominique Garrett-Flowers
2015: Shenica Collins and Marissa Rosado
2014: Yordanos Ghdey and Angela Oh; earned their RPAs in 2016
2013: Kristine Sorenson; earned her RPA in 2014
2011: Marisol Olvera
2010: Dina Wagner and Rosalia Leal
2009: Carlos Chavez
2008: Jennifer Majerus; earned her RPA in 2013
2007: Angel Brown; earned her RPA in 2010
2006: Myrna Agosto