Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship Information
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation's Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship (Ollie Scholarship) is designed to enable individuals currently working in the commercial real estate industry who are members of historically underrepresented groups to achieve professional development through completion of the RPA designation.
The Ollie Scholarship is awarded once per year and includes the $10,000 full tuition for recipients to earn the RPA designation. Recipients are honored at the annual Diversity Celebration fundraiser and are also paired with an experienced CRE mentor to gain one-on-one assistance with career planning and development.
2021 Ollie Scholarship Application Season
The application for the 2021 Ollie Scholarship is now available. Click here to download the packet containing the application and reference forms. If you meet all of the eligibility criteria (listed below), we encourage you to apply! Applications are due on February 3, 2021.
Runner-Up Scholarship! The scholarship runner-up will be given the opportunity to use a Single Course Scholarship for one RPA class offered in 2021.
Recipient Benefits: Along with earning the $10K full RPA designation tuition, the recipient will also be able to enroll in the March 2021 Design Ops II course and begin the RPA program immediately. The recipient will also be honored at the 2021 Diversity Celebration and will give a short speech. (If the Celebration is cancelled or postponed due to COVID, the recipient will give a speech at the next Celebration.)
Ollie Testimonials & Blog Article: To read a biography of the scholarship's namesake, Reginald L. Ollie, along with testimonials from previous recipients, click here. Make sure to also read a great and informative blog article about the scholarship and the value of mentorships in CRE.
If you plan to apply for this scholarship, please email Jaclynne Madden or call (312) 870-9608 so that we can discuss the application process and requirements.
Ollie Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Belong to an underrepresented group; underrepresented professionals are classified as: racial, ethnic, LGBTQ and disabled
- Applicant does NOT have to be a BOMA/Chicago member
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the commercial real estate industry
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have taken three or less RPA/FMA designation classes prior to applying for the scholarship
- Completion of at least one year of college level courses at a college/university and earned a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or 3.5/5
- Completion of the application, along with submission of all attachments and references, by February 3
- Available to interview with the Scholarship Committee on the morning of February 17
Previous Ollie Scholarship Recipients
2020: Vivian Orozco, Sterling Bay
2019: Karen Le, CBRE
2018: Christina McInerney, Cushman & Wakefield
2017: Lily Leon; earned her RPA in 2019
2016: Ebony Andry; earned her RPA in 2018
2016: Dominique Garrett-Flowers
2015: Shenica Collins and Marissa Rosado
2014: Yordanos Ghdey and Angela Oh; earned their RPAs in 2016
2013: Kristine Sorenson; earned her RPA in 2014
2011: Marisol Olvera
2010: Dina Wagner and Rosalia Leal
2009: Carlos Chavez
2008: Jennifer Majerus; earned her RPA in 2013
2007: Angel Brown; earned her RPA in 2010
2006: Myrna Agosto