Skip to content

2020 Virtual GCFD Food Drive: Donate Through December 18!

2020 Virtual GCFD Food Drive: Donate Through December 18! November 6, 2020 2020 Virtual GCFD Food Drive: Donate Through December 18! Over 130 BOMA/Chicago members have signed up to participate in the 2020 GCFD Virtual Holiday Food Drive. The drive will start on November 9 and end on December 18. Your monetary donations will go…

Read More

Gold Circle Award Profile: Courtney Hamm with MB Real Estate at One North LaSalle

Gold Circle Award Profile: Courtney Hamm with MB Real Estate at One North LaSalle Courtney Hamm, Vice President and General Manager with MB Real Estate at One North LaSalle, was named BOMA/Chicago’s 2020 Property Management Professional of the Year. What was your first job? My first job was working at the local mall a few…

Read More

Gold Circle Award Profile: Mary Pat Bitner with ABM Business & Industry

Gold Circle Award Profile: Mary Pat Bitner with ABM Business & Industry Mary Pat Bitner with ABM Business & Industry was named 2020 BOMA/Chicago Affiliate Member of the Year. Tell us about your involvement with both the commercial real estate industry and the local community. I started in the Commercial Real Estate Industry in Chicago…

Read More

Furthering The Diversity And Inclusion Conversation: Angel Brown Talks About BOMA/Chicago Foundation Diversity Ambassador Program

Furthering The Diversity And Inclusion Conversation: Angel Brown Talks About BOMA/Chicago Foundation Diversity Ambassador Program We’re living in a time where diversity and inclusion initiatives are receiving the spotlight they deserve in organizations. At the BOMA/Chicago Foundation, we’ve had one of those critical initiatives in place through our Diversity Ambassadors program. To share her experience…

Read More

Sign Up for Emergency Alert Program for Business August 10, 2020   The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) and Office of Emergency Management and Communication (OEMC) has created an emergency alert program specifically for Chicago’s businesses. Local business owners and managers should text “CHIBIZ” to 67283 or visit www.chicago.gov/chibizalerts to opt-in…

Read More

Farewell from BOMA/Chicago’s Executive Vice President Michael Cornicelli

Farewell from BOMA/Chicago’s Executive Vice President Michael Cornicelli Dear Members, Colleagues and Friends, Six months ago, I announced my intention to retire. It was theoretical for me then, but on July 31, theory becomes reality and my time with BOMA/Chicago will come to an end. Our leadership has done an awesome job of choosing a…

Read More

Gold Circle Award Profile: Tyler Siegel, 2020 Emerging Leader of the Year

Gold Circle Award Profile: Tyler Siegel, 2020 Emerging Leader of the Year Tyler Siegel, former Associate Real Estate Manager with CBRE at 737 North Michigan Avenue (now with Edge-Funds in New York), was named 2020 Emerging Leader of the Year. How did your career in commercial real estate begin? I began my Real Estate career…

Read More

Support the “Everyone’s Neighborhood – The Loop” Campaign

Support the “Everyone’s Neighborhood – The Loop” Campaign June 28, 2020 In partnership with the Chicago Loop Alliance, BOMA/Chicago invites all of our buildings to support the “Everyone’s Neighborhood – the Loop” campaign. You can also support the campaign with the phrase: #BackInTheLoop.” The campaign is focused on uniting and promoting the Loop community as tenants…

Read More

Kevin Purcell: The Man Focused on Bringing the Central Loop Back

Kevin Purcell: The Man Focused on Bringing the Central Loop Back We had the opportunity to sit down with BOMA/Chicago Board member Kevin Purcell, President of Leasing and Management Services, with MB Real Estate. Under Kevin’s leadership, MB Real Estate’s portfolio has increased more than 100% and now exceeds 20 million square feet across the country.…

Read More

Energy Efficiency: What Your Building Can Learn From 200 West Monroe

Energy Efficiency: What Your Building Can Learn From 200 West Monroe As commercial buildings across downtown Chicago continue to identify ways to cut energy usage, they’re finding they need to pull off delicate a balancing act between energy efficiency, related costs, and tenant comfort. BOMA/Chicago member Lee Hebert, Property Manager with Accesso Services, has effectively tackled…

Read More