In This Section
- Sponsorships & Advertising
- BOMA/Chicago Foundation
- Community Partners
BOMA/Chicago Foundation Overview
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation was formed in 2008 as an Illinois not-for-profit corporation and has been qualified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The mission of the Foundation is to advance the development of emerging talent in commercial real estate, inclusive of underrepresented groups, through education, exposure and outreach.
The Foundation's primary goals are to:
- Grow and support underrepresented professionals in Chicago's commercial real estate industry
- Collaborate with local high schools and universities to educate students about careers in commercial real estate
- Award and fund three scholarships for courses leading to achievement of the Real Property Administrator (RPA) and Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) designations:
Foundation Board & Committees
As an entity separate from BOMA/Chicago, the Foundation has its own Board of Directors, bylaws, books and records and tax returns. Three committees serve the Foundation – the Nominating, Diversity and Scholarship Committees.
Annual Diversity Celebration Fundraiser
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation hosts the Diversity Celebration each April to raise funds for its scholarships, mentoring, outreach and other programs. This event is open to both members and non-members of BOMA/Chicago.
Career Days at Chicago High Schools and Colleges
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation's Diversity Committee works with local high schools and colleges, along with after-school programs, to host commercial real estate career days. Below are the CRE career days we have hosted since 2019.
- March 8, 2019: Pass With Flying Colors CRE Career Day & Building Tours
- December 6, 2019: Junior Achievement CRE Career Day
- January 8, 2020: Robert Lindblom Math & Science Academy High School CRE Career Day
- February 11, 2020: Fenger High School Youth Motivation Career Day
Make a Donation
You are invited to make a donation to the BOMA/Chicago Foundation. Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible as charitable contributions or as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Donors should check with their tax advisors.
Become a Diversity Ambassador
Are you a passionate commercial real estate leader who is committed to enhancing diversity, inclusion and equity within our industry? Then we invite you to become a Diversity Ambassador. Ambassadors can sign up to attend and volunteer at diversity events and initiatives throughout the year. You can apply to become an ambassador here.
|f you have any questions about the BOMA/Chicago Foundation or would like to make a donation, please contact Jaclynne Madden, Director of Education, at email@example.com or (312) 870-9608.
2020 BOMA/Chicago Foundation Sponsors
Because of COVID-19, the Foundation was not able to host its annual Diversity Celebration. As of now, we plan to hold the next Celebration in April 2021.
The below sponsors signed on to support the Foundation for the entire 2020 calendar year. We would like to thank and recognize each of these sponsors!
If you would like to become a 2020 Foundation sponsor or learn more about the sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jaclynne Madden, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 870-9608.
DECADE OF DIVERSITY SPONSOR