RPA/FMA Course: Design, Operation and Maintenance of Building Systems Part 1March 9 - 30, 2020
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
115 S. LaSalle St., 8th Floor Conference Center, Room 806
Member Price: $1200
Non-Member Price: $1450Register
Required RPA & FMA Course
Dates: March 9, 10, 16, 23, 24 and 30 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Instructor: Nasser Dollah, Able Services
Earn 18 CMCP Certification Credits by Enrolling
This course provides information property and facility managers must have to increase occupant safety and comfort while facilitating building efficiency to meet the business goals of an organization. This course will cover building systems management, analytics, and optimization, best practices in building operations and maintenance, and high performance security and life safety systems design.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement maintenance best practices for building systems to achieve efficiencies and cost savings
- Support maintenance of building structural components in the design and construction of facilities by selecting and recommending the appropriate materials
- Describe best practices for the design, operation, and maintenance of HVAC and plumbing systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the systems required for ensuring the preservation of a building’s structural integrity
Key topic areas include: building design and construction, life-cycle costing, construction materials, structural systems, building envelopes, roofing, interior walls, ceilings, flooring, HVAC and plumbing systems, building system controls and automation and more.
CLASS SIZE UPDATE: Starting in 2020, BOMA/Chicago will instate a 35 student RPA/FMA class size limit. Please register for classes in advance to secure your spot.
BOMA/Chicago Cancellation/Attendance Policy
- A request to cancel registration for an Educational class must be submitted in writing via email up to 7 calendar days before the class starts in order to receive a 100% refund.
- The textbook must be returned unopened to BOMA/Chicago in all cases where a student cancels registration. Once the book has been opened, $200 will be owed since BOMA/Chicago cannot return an opened book.
- Cancellation requests from scholarship recipients will not be entertained and become the full responsibility of the recipient if the student cannot attend the class.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the Comptroller of BOMA/Chicago email@example.com for refund consideration.
- No verbal or voicemail requests will be considered, honored or binding.
- You will receive an email from the Comptroller, Paul Jost, confirming that he received your request to cancel. If all of the above mentioned criteria are met, BOMA/Chicago staff will approve your refund and a refund will be processed within 2 weeks. You will then receive either a check or a credit to your credit card depending on your original method of payment.