RPA Required Course: Law and Risk ManagementJanuary 13 - 28, 2020
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
115 S. LaSalle St., 8th Floor Conference Center, Room 806
Member Price: $1200
Non-Member Price: $1450
Required RPA Course
Dates: January 13, 14, 21, 22, 27 and 28 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Instructor: Laura Stangle, Zeller Realty Group
Earn 18 CMCP Certification Credits by Enrolling
Registration for this class is closed. We are sold out!
In today's complex business environment, it is increasingly important for property managers to know how to address legal and risk management issues. This course will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Key topic areas include: conveying and financing real estate, contracts, property interests, premises liability, environmental law and concerns, employment relationships and agency, introduction to risk management, insurance company operations, principles of insurance and insurable risk, general liability insurance and employee benefit plans, loss exposures and more.
CLASS SIZE UPDATE: Starting in 2020, BOMA/Chicago will instate a 35 student RPA/FMA class size limit. Please register for classes in advance to secure your spot.
BOMA/Chicago Cancellation/Attendance Policy
- A request to cancel registration for an Educational class must be submitted in writing via email up to 7 calendar days before the class starts in order to receive a 100% refund.
- The textbook must be returned unopened to BOMA/Chicago in all cases where a student cancels registration. Once the book has been opened, $200 will be owed since BOMA/Chicago cannot return an opened book.
- Cancellation requests from scholarship recipients will not be entertained and become the full responsibility of the recipient if the student cannot attend the class.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the Comptroller of BOMA/Chicago email@example.com for refund consideration.
- No verbal or voicemail requests will be considered, honored or binding.
- You will receive an email from the Comptroller, Paul Jost, confirming that he received your request to cancel. If all of the above mentioned criteria are met, BOMA/Chicago staff will approve your refund and a refund will be processed within 2 weeks. You will then receive either a check or a credit to your credit card depending on your original method of payment.