BOMA/Chicago Local 399 Engineers Wage & Benefit Allocations
The Collective Bargaining Agreement between BOMA/Chicago and the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399 sets the total amount of annual increases in wages and other benefits for building engineers and authorizes Local 399 to allocate the total amount among wages, the health and welfare fund, pension fund and training fund.
The total increase provided under the Collective Bargaining Agreement this year is $1.80 per hour. Local 399 has advised us that the amount should be allocated as follows, effective May 20, 2019.
- Benefits are the same for all classifications.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Retiree Account Program benefit is billed on the H&W monthly invoice as shown above.
- Trainees will follow the existing wage schedule with no changes.
- Assistant Chief Engineers will maintain their current percentage differential over the new Engineer rate.
- Chief Engineers will maintain their current percentage over the new Engineer rate.
- Any bargaining unit person receiving an over scale rate as prescribed in Section 9 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement will maintain that differential over the new wage rate.
Should you have any questions, please contact Beth Halat at 312-870-9606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.