Have a Passion for Teaching? Join the BOMA/Chicago Faculty to Teach Courses in 2015 or 2016!
Join the BOMA/Chicago Faculty to Teach RPA and FMA Designation Courses in 2015!
BOMA/Chicago is currently seeking experienced CRE professionals to each RPA and FMA classes, including the new High-Performance classes. Please consider applying to become a faculty member. For more information, reach out to Jaclynne Madden, BOMA/Chicago Marketing & Education Program Manager via email or by calling 312-870-9608.
To be considered as a faculty member, you must first meet the following criteria:
- Subject matter expertise.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in commercial real estate.
For the opportunity to join the BOMA/Chicago Faculty, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the online faculty application form.
- Interview with a BOMA/Chicago member who has expertise in your subject area. If you are currently teaching another course, a member of the Faculty Selection Subcommittee may observe your presentation.
- Interview with the Faculty Development Subcommittee and present of a lesson to the Subcommittee. For your presentation, you will be provided a sample lesson from the course you are applying to teach. After your presentation, the Faculty Development Subcommittee will decide if you will be recommended to the Education Committee for approval as an instructor.
- Complete the BOMI International Instructor Development Workshop.
- Sign the Faculty Agreement to teach for BOMA/Chicago.
- Work with BOMA/Chicago to decide the best classes for you to teach to our membership.
The BOMA/Chicago Faculty Development Subcommittee is seeking new instructors to teach the following RPA and FMA Courses:
- Asset Management
- Budgeting & Accounting
- Design, Operation and Maintenance of Building Systems - Part 1
- Design, Operation and Maintenance of Building Systems - Part 2
- Environmental Health & Safety Issues
- Ethics is Good Business
- Law & Risk Management
- Real Estate Investment & Finance
- High-Performance Sustainable Building Investments
- High-Performance Sustainable Building Practices
- High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles
Courses are generally taught one day a week from 5:30PM - 8:30PM for seven weeks. All course descriptions and outlines can be found on the BOMI International website or by clicking here.
- Bonnie Boden
- Jay D. Cimo
- Bob DeMarke
- Mike Giese
- Susan Hammer
- Dave Johnson
- Bob Klinger
- Charlie Moriarty
- Bob Six
- Laura Stangle
**Resources related to this topic, such as the faculty application, are exclusive to BOMA/Chicago members. To access these resources, you must be a member and you must log into the website. If you have not yet logged in, please scroll to the top of the page and log in using your username and password (top, right-hand side of webpage). If you need help accessing your password, please click here and follow the instructions. Once you log in, you will see resources relevant to this topic at the bottom of the page.