Commercial Real Estate 101 Course: Learn from Experts & Tour Buildings
The Foundations of Real Estate Management course was last held from October 4 to November 15, 2016. This course will not be offered again until 2018.
Foundations of Real Estate Management is a BOMA International course that is offered by local BOMAs. This entry-level course is taught by BOMA/Chicago once per week for seven weeks in the spring of each year, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more. The course offers classroom instruction from seasoned professionals who will teach you the fundamentals and give you behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings throughout downtown Chicago. The class meets in various downtown office buildings, so you not only have the opportunity to learn from seasoned pros and network with peers - you get a behind-the-scenes tour of outstanding buildings. The cost of the course is $800 for BOMA/Chicago members and $850 for non-members.
Each Foundations of Commercial Real Estate course will provide you with in-person training and small class sizes that facilitate learning, discussion and team activities. It’s a complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to understand and will give you a valuable resource back on the job.
PAY ZERO ENROLLMENT—A $175 VALUE
BOMI International will waive your RPA Designation Program enrollment fee upon completion of BOMA International’s Foundations of Real Estate Management course. To take advantage of the waived enrollment, you must first take the Foundations of Real Estate Management course through BOMA/Chicago. You must then register for at least one RPA course within 90 days after the Foundations course ends and submit your Foundations course completion certificate to BOMI.
Contact Jaclynne Madden, Marketing & Education Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the course, how to register and meeting locations.
BOMA/Chicago Education Class Cancellation Policy
- A request to cancel registration for an educational class must be submitted in writing via email up to seven (7) calendar days before the class starts in order to receive a 100% refund.
- The textbook must be returned unopened to BOMA/Chicago in all cases where a student cancels registration. Once the book has been opened, $200 will be owed, as BOMA/Chicago cannot return an opened book to BOMI International.
- Cancellation requests from scholarship recipients will not be entertained and become the full responsibility of the recipient if the student cannot attend the class.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted directly to the Comptroller of BOMA/Chicago email@example.com for refund consideration.
- No verbal or voicemail requests will be considered, honored or binding.
- You will receive an email from the Comptroller, Paul Jost, confirming that he received your request to cancel. If all of the above mentioned criteria are met, BOMA/Chicago staff will approve your refund and a refund will be processed within 2 weeks. You will then receive either a check or a credit to your credit card depending on your original method of payment.
|Foundations of REM Outline.pdf||203.83 KB|