May 3 Brown Bag: Learn About BOMA/Chicago's Educational Offerings at this Roundtable Seminar
Expand Your Career & Network through BOMA/Chicago Educational Programs
Hosted by the BOMA/Chicago Education Committee
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 from 12 – 1 p.m.
115 South LaSalle
8th Floor Conference Center (801/802)
Lunch will be served!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
BOMA/Chicago hosts more than 20 timely, relevant, diverse and affordable education programs for Building and Affiliate Members each year. The programs we offer are valuable to professionals of all ages and career levels. From RPA/FMA designation classes to scholarships, Brown Bags to USGBC partner programs, we’ve got your educational needs covered. But are you aware of our expansive educational offerings and how these programs can take your career and network to the next level? Join us at a special Brown Bag roundtable seminar, hosted by the Education Committee, to learn about our education programs. You will also meet the seasoned professionals who teach and plan these programs.
During this Brown Bag, attendees will spend 10 minutes at each table. We will have five tables on various topics that will give you a thorough overview of our education programs. Lunch will be served. We highly recommend that you bring business cards to this event so that you can keep in touch with all of the education experts that you meet.
Building and Affiliate Members are encouraged to attend. This seminar is ideal for:
- New members and emerging leaders
- Members who want to learn more about BOMA/Chicago education programs
- Members interested in becoming faculty members or Brown Bag presenters
- Members interested in earning a RPA/FMA/SMA degree and want more information about classes and scholarship opportunities
- Members looking for an affordable way to earn a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Roundtable 1: Designation Programs & Foundations of Real Estate Management
Learn about the RPA, FMA and SMA designation programs along with our popular Foundations of Real Estate Management course. Table hosts include:
- Bonnie Boden: General Manager at The Hearn Company; BOMA/Chicago Faculty Member
- Jim Coates: Training Fund Administrator at IUOE Local 399; Guest of the Education Committee
- Susan Hammer: General Manager at JLL; Chair of the Education Committee; Faculty Member
Roundtable 2: The BOMA/Chicago Foundation and Scholarship Opportunities
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation offers three scholarships: (1) Full Designation (2) Single Course and (3) Reginald L. Ollie. Learn about the Foundation, how you can get involved and if you or your colleagues are eligible for our scholarships. Table hosts include:
- Teresa Amaro: Senior Real Estate Manager at CBRE; Full Designation Scholarship Recipient; Vice Chair of the BOMA/Chicago Foundation Scholarship Committee
- Joe Sherman: Production Manager at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra; Full Designation Scholarship Recipient; Chair of the BOMA/Chicago Foundation Scholarship Committee
Roundtable 3: Brown Bag Seminars
Affiliate Members have the FREE opportunity to host a Brown Bag seminar, where 20 to 70 members will attend to hear your subject matter expertise. Learn more about hosting a Brown Bag and best practices when choosing your topic and submitting an application. If you are a Building Member, we will discuss previous and upcoming Brown Bag seminar topics and ask you to tell us what topics are important to you. Table hosts include:
- Tom Glavin: President at Glavin Security Specialists; Education Committee Member; Board of Directors
- Michael Semenzin: Partner at MRSA; Education Committee Member
- Meg Six: Regional Sales Director at GOBY; Education Committee Member
Roundtable 4: USGBC-Illinois Classes & Partner Programs
Do you want to pursue a LEED certification or have LEED questions? Get all of your questions answered at this table and learn about the past and future partner programs that BOMA/Chicago will host with our amazing partner, USGBC-Illinois. The table host will be:
- Katie Kaluzny: Associate Director of the U.S. Green Building Council – Illinois Chapter; Guest of the Education Committee
Roundtable 5: National Louis University (NLU) Partnership Program
Did you know that BOMA/Chicago has a partnership program with NLU that offers a 15% tuition discount to members, their immediate families and their building tenants? Learn about the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs offered by NLU along with their generous transfer credit policy, scholarship options, flexible class schedules and more. Table hosts include:
- Vlad Dolgopolov: Associate Dean of CPSA- College of Professional Studies and Advancement
- Tracy Tomasetti: Outreach Development Specialist
Brown Bag seminars qualify for one Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit for graduates of the RPA, FMA and/or SMA designation programs. To earn this credit, please register and attend. Then follow up with BOMA/Chicago to request an official CPD certificate.